Recently I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger award by Fiona Wiley at one of my favorite blogs Just Me And A Boarding Pass. I love reading about her travels and checking out her pictures. She has helped my travel wish list grow! Fiona has been traveling since she was a child. I love her perspective on travel, the unique places she visits and her resolution to follow her passion by continuing to travel even when she had kids at home.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person that nominated you for this award
- Link their blog to this post
- Select up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you either regularly follow or discovered recently
- Nominate them for this awesome Versatile Blogger Award with links to their sites.
- Write 7 things about yourself
So here are 7 things about me:
- My worldly possessions are comprised of a Jeep Wrangler, a suitcase full of clothes, 5 boxes, and some artwork currently hanging in my sons house. That is it! Everything else I sold 2 1/2 years ago when my husband and I decided to travel the world.
- My first job was working at Baskin Robbins Ice Cream shop when I was 15. I thought it would be awesome to work around all that ice cream but it turns out scooping it all day long is really hard and quickly made me sick of ice cream.
- I love to knit and cook and garden. I miss these when I am traveling so whenever we go back to the States I am a maniac trying to plant things in other people’s yards, and cooking and knitting everything I can think of.
- My biggest dream is to have a novel I have written published. I am working on it now, along with querying two kids books, so fingers crossed!!!
- I am obsessed with libraries. I walk in to them and it is like the whole world opens up to me, I can learn anything, travel anywhere just get lost in fictional worlds. All for free!
- My other dream is to continue to have opportunities to hands on volunteer like I did in Honduras a few years ago. It was the most amazing experience. I have been so blessed in my life and I want to give back what has been given to me.
- I have been a vegetarian for 17 years. It makes traveling more interesting, both good and bad. But, I can’t imagine ever going back to eating meat, which is good because J. (my husband) would be upset if he had to start sharing his bacon.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Emily Youngman from This Is An Adventure blog. Her travels and pictures are so inspirational to me. I love the way she writes about each place she visits. She travels to well known places and lesser known places always with a fresh perspective and great ideas on how to really experience a place.
Joshi Daniel inspires me beyond any other photographer right now. His photos are inspiring, beautiful, unique and elegant-beyond words. I look forward to every post he makes. I can’t get enough. He is always able to expose not only his subjects humanity but also his own. It is like looking into their souls each time you see a photo, even his travel photography is so expressive. I dream of one day taking even one photo to rival his!
VRS Skimo Team blog is one of my favorite for outdoor adventures. This group is seriously fearless and I love it. Their pics are amazing as are the places they travel. The group is from Alaska. They travel to amazing places to ski, snowboard, raft, hike and climb. Check out their blog to be totally inspired to get outside and try something new.